1000ft 3D Ink® (PLA Filament) $34 Ea. (Bulk)
3D Ink® (PLA Filament) is polylactic acid, a non-toxic biodegradable thermoplastic and one of the most commonly used 3D printing materials. PLA is a great entry-level filament because it is exceptionally easy to work with. PLA does not require a heated bed, makes very rigid prints, allows for consistent extrusion and bonding, and doesn’t warp much. The ability to produce some of the most accurate, good-looking parts makes it excellent for detailed prototyping. M3D offers PLA in over 29 vibrant colors across various translucency levels.
- Guaranteed Filament Length: 1000ft / 304.8m (why do we sell by length?)
- Estimated Material Weight: 2.2lb / 1kg
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm (not chipped, can be used with almost all 3D printers). The 3-letter code printed on the spool will automatically set the correct extrusion temperature in the M3D software for the Micro, Micro+, and the Pro.
- Shore Hardness: R70
- Material Density (ISO 1183): 1.25g/cm3
- Recommended Extrusion Temperature: 200 - 230°C
- Recommended Heated Print Bed Temperature: 40 - 50°C when used, but it is not required
- Recommended Build Surfaces: M3D printbed sheet, painter's tape, glue stick, glass plate
- Other Printer Requirements: Part cooling fan
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):
Compare This Filament to Other M3D Materials: