250ft/250g PVA 3D Ink® $45 Ea.
PVA 3D Ink® is polyvinyl alcohol; a soft, water soluble support material that works well with PLA prints. It can be used as a support material with dual extruding 3D printers, and even as a standalone filament. Most PVAs on the market need to be kept in storage containers with low or no humidity. M3D’s PVA will be a bit more resistant than most to ambient exposure. PVA is degradable, dissolves in sufficient water, and allows for complex designs where removing support material manually would otherwise be difficult or impossible. Best for models printed from PLA due to easy adhesion.
- Guaranteed Filament Length: 250ft / 76.2m (why do we sell by length?)
- Estimated Product Weight: 0.55lb / 250g
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm (not chipped, can be used with almost all 3D printers). The 3-letter code printed on the spool will automatically set the correct extrusion temperature in the M3D software for the Micro, Micro+, and the Pro.
- Shore Hardness: 19D
- Material Density (ISO 1183): 1.22g/cm3
- Recommended Extrusion Temperature: 185 - 195°C
Recommended Heated Print Bed Temperature: 45 - 60°C when used, but it is not required
- Recommended Build Surfaces: M3D printbed sheet, painter's tape, glue stick, glass plate, PEI
- Other Printer Requirements: Part cooling fan
This material is for advanced users. PVA is humidity-sensitive, so it’s recommended to keep it in storage containers with low humidity. For optimal results, we recommend using a desiccant storage system with this filament.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):
Compare This Filament to Other M3D Materials:
LOOKING FOR BULK FILAMENT DISCOUNTS?
Contact us for a quote.