500ft Tough 3D Ink® $30 Ea.
Tough 3D Ink® is a proprietary blend made exclusively by M3D and it is a non-toxic biodegradable thermoplastic. Tough offers unprecedented utility for 3D printing due to its strength and controlled amount of flexibility. When compared to traditional filaments which have a fraction of the bond strength and are typically brittle when printed, Tough 3D Ink is bonded at full strength, allowing you to print longer-lasting objects. Tough is great for medium and large models that need to hold up in the real world or need lots of give, but is not ideal for extremely small features or overhangs.
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm (not chipped, can be used with almost all 3D printers). The 3-letter code printed on the spool will automatically set the correct extrusion temperature in the M3D software.
- Recommended Extrusion Temperature: 220 - 240°C
- Recommended Heated Print Bed Temperature: 45 - 60°C when used, but it is not required
- Recommended Build Surfaces: M3D printbed sheet, painter's tape, PEI
- Other Printer Requirements: part cooling fan
When using Tough, manually calibrate the nozzle 0.3mm higher at all corners and in the center. This will help prevent the first layer from being scraped as the second layer is applied.