250ft/250g PLA 3D Ink® $16 Ea.
PLA 3D Ink® is polylactic acid, a non-toxic biodegradable thermoplastic and one of the most commonly used 3D printing materials. PLA is a great entry-level filament because it is exceptionally easy to work with. PLA does not require a heated bed, makes very rigid prints, allows for consistent extrusion and bonding, and doesn’t warp much. The ability to produce some of the most accurate, good-looking parts makes it excellent for detailed prototyping.
M3D offers PLA in both opaque and transparent finishes. Please refer to the photos on the product page to see what works best for your application!
- Guaranteed Filament Length: 250ft / 76.2m (why do we sell by length?)
- Estimated Product Weight: 0.55lb / 250g
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm (not chipped, can be used with almost all 3D printers). The 3-letter code printed on the spool will automatically set the correct extrusion temperature in the M3D software for the Micro, Micro+, and the Pro.
- Shore Hardness: R70
- Material Density (ISO 1183): 1.25g/cm3
- Recommended Extrusion Temperature: 200 - 230°C
- Recommended Heated Print Bed Temperature: 40 - 50°C when used, but it is not required
- Recommended Build Surfaces: M3D printbed sheet, painter's tape, glue stick, glass plate
- Other Printer Requirements: Part cooling fan
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):
Compare This Filament to Other M3D Materials:
LOOKING FOR BULK FILAMENT DISCOUNTS?
Contact us for a quote.