250ft/250g Carbon 3D Ink® $25 Ea.
Carbon 3D Ink® is a blend between M3D’s PLA material and 33% of carbon fiber particles. M3D’s PLA-based Carbon Fiber filament offers unmatched strength and accuracy ideal for making quality and precision parts. Carbon Fiber helps achieve exceptional stiffness and dimensional stability, as well as a highly professional, sleek, and high-tech look for the finished print. This lightweight filament is intended for artistic, non-industrial use. Best for experienced users.
- Guaranteed Filament Length: 250ft / 76.2m (why do we sell by length?)
- Estimated Product Weight: 0.55lb / 250g
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm (not chipped, can be used with almost all 3D printers). The 3-letter code printed on the spool will automatically set the correct extrusion temperature in the M3D software for the Micro, Micro+, and the Pro.
- Shore Hardness: 40D
- Material Density (ISO 1183): 1.31g/cm3
- Recommended Extrusion Temperature: 200 - 230°C
- Recommended Heated Print Bed Temperature: 45 - 60°C when used, but it is not required
- Recommended Build Surfaces: M3D printbed sheet, painter's tape, glue stick, glass plate, PEI, hairspray
- Other Printer Requirements: Part cooling fan
WE SUGGEST HAVING A SEPARATE DEDICATED NOZZLE FOR PRINTING CARBON FIBER
Why? To prevent clogged nozzles when changing between filaments. Due to the different heat requirements and material properties of the higher-temp, particle-filled filaments, it becomes difficult for softer, lower-temp filaments like PLA and Tough to completely push out Carbon Fiber and ABS-R from the nozzle.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):
Compare This Filament to Other M3D Materials:
LOOKING FOR BULK FILAMENT DISCOUNTS?
Contact us for a quote.