0.35mm Quad Nozzle (Mk4)
Crane Quad 0.35mm stainless steel nozzle.
Ideal for the best mixing of transparent and opaque color materials.
- This new nozzle is compatible with the Quad head only (the Crane Quad, Promega Quad head, and the QuadFusion head).
- It comes with the metal+PTFE insert, sharper tip (but not as pointy as Mk3), and a chamfer on the inside. The chamfered inside adds volume to the mixing chamber to increase flow, but has minimal impact on color changes or mixing.
- Bridging and top surfaces are much cleaner and more controlled.
- More distance to the hot block allows for better temperature control and keeps the blocks cleaner.
- Increases overall flow rate, allows better tuning to give better consistency in general.
- Temperatures will have to be increased substantially for these pointy stainless steel nozzles; expect to adjust them at least 5C over your prior settings.
- As with all our direct drive mixing printheads, retraction must be limited to 1/4 what you would need on a similar Bowden setup - use 2mm total retraction and F300 speed as a starting point for your reprime settings. This prevents grind through over long term prints due to back pressure competition.
- It’s better to have the nozzle too far from the bed rather than too close.
IMPORTANT: These new nozzles are longer and sharper than the previous style. This means that if you replace an old nozzle, it may start digging into the bed slightly. The Z height must be re-calibrated after a nozzle change before use!
*Compatible with all M3D Quad devices: the Crane Quad 3D printer, the Promega Quad 3D printer, and the QuadFusion print head.
**The color may vary for metal parts and may not be exactly as shown; function will not be affected.