M3D teamed up with one of our user print contest winners, Joshua R. Taylor from JRT3D, to bring you this highly requested butterfly tutorial.
First thing first, here is a list of products that you will need to follow along:
- The Crane Quad 3D Printer or the QuadFusion Print Head
- CMYK Color-Calibrated Filament
- Voxelizer Software (Voxelizer Experimental)
The original butterfly model was created by ericchf (thing:552835) and remixed by Joshua R. Taylor (thing:3679833) - this is the model that we will be using in the tutorial, so please be sure to download the STL files from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3679833 before you proceed.
Once finished, your final print should look something like this:
IMPORTANT: Please remember that the innovative QuadFusion technology is best for intermediate and expert 3D printing users.
This tutorial was provided to us by a fellow Quad user, Joshua R. Taylor, as a courtesy to assist with your project. It does not guarantee any results and individual successes may vary.
WANT YOUR WORK TO BE FEATURED?
- PRINT PHOTOS: Visit our M3D user print gallery at to see more user creations and submit your own print photos for a chance to win FREE 3D printing supplies!
- VIDEO TUTORIALS AND REVIEWS: Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your video to be featured.
Share this post
- Tags: Tips and Tricks